Mike Cowell, PE
For over 10 years I worked for companies that focused on selling one product – Tensar and Reinforced Earth. Not only were there a limited number of tools available to help customers solve problems, but I had to rely on a contractor to build the products being sold. During this time it was also becoming clear that most general contractors were not only looking for design-build solutions in MSE Walls but other areas as well. Unless you were able to design and build it, a lot of innovative solutions sat on the sidelines waiting for a risk-averse general contractor to be the innovator. Having more Geo tools and the ability to build creative solutions, we were able to quickly and efficiently solve problems while saving customers more money. So that’s how GeoStructures came into existence over 18 years ago.
Every day I have the pleasure of working with exceptional people who come together to solve our customer’s problems by developing new products or construction techniques. Innovation, value and great service is contagious and fun!
- Clarkson College BS, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Cornell University MS, Geotechnical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (VA, MD, DE, NY, NJ, DC, NC, PA)
HONORS / AWARDS
- First Geopier Man of the Year – Geopier Foundation Company, 2003
- 11th Street Bridge, Washington, DC
- John Paul Jones Arena at UVA, Charlottesville, VA
- Capital One Building, Mclean, VA
- HOT Lanes Soundwalls, Fairfax, VA
- Reached the 4.0 tennis level at age 60 …about time!
- Been married to the same great wife for 36 years who is also an engineer!