NEWS: Duane Bents Joins the Geo Team!
We are pleased to announce the addition of Duane Bents to the Geo Team! Duane is excited to continue supporting our clients in southern Virginia and North Carolina.
Duane Bents, PE
Southeast Sales Engineer
During my 13 year tenure as a geotechnical consultant, the focus has been bringing value to clients and teaching our young engineers to recognize what value is and perform accordingly. Understanding the clients’ needs is critical to successful projects and relationships. As I look back, several of the most professionally rewarding projects were those using innovative technologies, including various ground improvement and earth retention systems.
As a regional engineer for GeoStructures, I am excited to be a part of the process of assisting our industry engineers and clients by evaluating these technologies to help overcome subsurface challenges. Having worked closely with many owners, designers, and construction managers, my previous consulting industry experience and vantage points will help facilitate success, relationships, and VALUE!
- Virginia Tech, BS, Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Virginia Tech, MS, Geotechnical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (NC, SC)
HONORS / AWARDS
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Southern Branch and NC Section Officer (2007-2015)
- Charlotte Geotechnical Group, Board Member
- UNC Charlotte Football Stadium, Charlotte, NC (ACEC Award Recipient)
- Siemens Gas Turbine Manufacturing Building, Charlotte, NC
- Several Highrises, Charlotte, NC
- Christophe Harbour, St. Kitts, West Indies
- My wonderful wife watches/supports all 3 kids playing soccer year round… my daughter, son, and me!
- I spent every summer growing up essentially living on a boat, and am happy to enjoy the same with my own family.